Musicien Batteur Amateur
Tips for drummers
Here's a collection of tips I gleaned on various forums devoted to the art of drumming. I re-arranged them to form a logical sequence, but in my opinion, the greatest tip of all is "practice with a good teacher". And remember: 1 rudiment a day keeps your grade an A!
1. Solid time in order to get solid chops!
3. Never overplay! Keep everything smooth and accurate.
4. Good dynamics (at all tempo)
5. Strong chops
6. Early bird
9. Listen to all kinds of drummers
10. Learn all grooves
11. Learn all styles and alter them to fit your need
12. Learn to read notes
13. Say it and play it
14. Write it out
15. Slowly catch the monkey
16. Set simple achievable goals when practising
18. Be accurate! Avoid automatic playing!
19. Repetitiveness and overlearning
20. Don't play things only once. Play stuff 2 or 3 times at different speeds!
21. Memorize in order to free yourself from the score and be able to improvise.
22. Play along a CD and pretend you are the drummer
23. Rehearse with budsaired by frustration. Things will come right anyw
Read my collection of famous quotes by masters of jazz drumming
A lot more
Bernhard Castiglioni's website.
The greatest website ever about drummers.
Mise à jour: 23/02/2010 Last updated
Patrick@café | Talk of the town | Home | Pat 76 | Livre d'Or | Forum |